South Africa is an incredibly complex country, and it will always be the land that I grew up in. South African blood runs through my veins, and here are some of the things I love about my current country:
- The colours, South Africa is an incredibly colourful country. We have vivid sunsets that can only be described as beautiful, although the colours are possibly tasteless. We dress in bright colours, like red and orange and purple too.
- The people, most people that I have encountered are incredibly friendly. We have the occasional chop, but they are in the minority
- We have eleven official languages, going to a supermarket is an opportunity to tune your ear into the musical tilt of languages
- Our weather (especially on the Highveld), sunny blue skies with afternoon thunderstorms in the summer, our winters are short and generally still filled with sunshine.
- The tourist attractions: We have eight world heritage sites within our borders, a gorgeous coast (with Sodwana and Aliwal shoal being ranked as two of the top sites in the world to dive) and amazing game reserves.